January 30, 2012

A Little Something For Myself

The holiday season is finally over and done with. Can I get a hallelujah!?! I have been knitting non-stop since October for other people and haven't knit a stitch for myself. That's about to change. I've been eying up Aidez for about a year now and haven't had the kahunas to think that I could actually knit such a beautiful sweater. Check out the cables on this thing.
 


I casted on last week using the always economical Cascade Eco and while it's not going as fast as I'd like, it's definitely coming along nicely. This is one of those projects where I need to be careful what I'm watching/doing otherwise it's very easy to mess up.


It would be nice to have it done sometime soon so I can still get some decent wearing time before the winter is over. The season of The Fisherman's Widow will officially commence next month so that should help.

To catch you up on what I've been knitting/crafting since the holidays have been over, here are some of my most recent projects . This past weekend, I finished making myself some super cute boot cuffs that turned out awesome.


Josh has been asking me to knit him a blanket for as long as I can remember, but I just haven't been in the mood to take on such a task. So I hit the sales at Hancock Fabrics right after Christmas instead where they had fleece on sale. I bought 2 yards each of dark blue and a deer/bear (no bass, shoot) themed print for about $10 total. I lined up all the edges and sewed them together to make this comfy blanket.

Not bad for my first large sewing project. Between the blanket and the hat, he should be good to go for his first trek to the Bassmaster Central Opens next month. At least when it comes to staying warm.