March 07, 2012

Aidez Update

It's been a little over a month since I started my Aidez sweater and I thought this would be a good time to give you all an update on how it's been going.  The back started off slow because there were some times where I did my cables wrong and didn't realize it until I had made quite a bit of progress.  This resulted in ripping out a whole nights work.  Twice.  Once I got started on the front panels, it was clear sailing.  Each panel took me about a week to finish, and the sleeves are only taking a couple days a piece to knit.  As of last night I only have 2/3 of my last sleeve to knit and then I can block it and seam it.  My goal is to have this done by my birthday on the 14th.  So far it looks like I should be able to do that, provided I don't run out of yarn which is an entirely realistic possibility.  Here's a few pics to show you my progress.



I have the back panel and two front panels held together with some stitch markers so I can get an idea of how it's going to fit.

Here's the sleeve I've been working on.  The pattern says to make them 18" long but I have a pretty long wingspan, so I upped it to 22".  Worst case scenario I will have to roll up the sleeves a bit.  Much better then having them too short.  I had every intention of knitting this in the round, but I didn't realize that I don't own size 11 dpn's.  Big time bummer.  Looks like I will be seaming until the cows come home!  I know it will all be worth it in the end though!