It's been a little over a month since I started my Aidez sweater and I thought this would be a good time to give you all an update on how it's been going. The back started off slow because there were some times where I did my cables wrong and didn't realize it until I had made quite a bit of progress. This resulted in ripping out a whole nights work. Twice. Once I got started on the front panels, it was clear sailing. Each panel took me about a week to finish, and the sleeves are only taking a couple days a piece to knit. As of last night I only have 2/3 of my last sleeve to knit and then I can block it and seam it. My goal is to have this done by my birthday on the 14th. So far it looks like I should be able to do that, provided I don't run out of yarn which is an entirely realistic possibility. Here's a few pics to show you my progress.
I have the back panel and two front panels held together with some stitch markers so I can get an idea of how it's going to fit.
Here's the sleeve I've been working on. The pattern says to make them 18" long but I have a pretty long wingspan, so I upped it to 22". Worst case scenario I will have to roll up the sleeves a bit. Much better then having them too short. I had every intention of knitting this in the round, but I didn't realize that I don't own size 11 dpn's. Big time bummer. Looks like I will be seaming until the cows come home! I know it will all be worth it in the end though!