January 01, 2013

New Beginnings

It's been a while since my last post and while I really don't have a excuse for why I've been absent for so long, I have had some big changes happening in my life.  The biggest one being that in September my husband and I packed up the dogs along with all of our stuff and moved south.  Tennessee to be exact.  With Josh taking the next big step in his career for the upcoming season, it only made sense to make the move and be closer to all the action.  I.Love.It.Here.  We found the perfect house to rent, I finally found a great job and we live in the place we've been dreaming about for the last five years.  Oh, and the kitchen is huge!  I have a cabinet to fit every dish, every appliance, every utinsil. I couldn't have imagined everything going as well as it has.  In the coming weeks, I'll be posting new recipes that I had been experimenting with during my period of unemployment. 

While the cooking around here has been a 'plenty, I've also been doing my fair share of knitting.  The cowl that I'm currently working on is the Cabernet Infinity Scarf.  I love the combination of cables and lace.  And it doesn't hurt that it's the color of a dreamsicle. 


I can't wait for it to be finished so I can wear it.  While the winters down here don't get nearly as cold as 'ol Minne, there is definately a nip to the air so this cowl paired with a light jacket is perfect. 

Along with the cowl, I've also been working on designing my own pillow pattern.  Not a huge project, but the perfect size for my first attempt.  Here's a sneak peek.


It's the perfect mix of compact yet challenging.  I'm going to do my best to have it done in the next few weeks, but I'm not entirely sure that's possible.  There are some birthdays and the impending birth of my new niece or nephew coming up so this one keeps getting pushed to the backburner.  Psh.  Knitting problems..